Discs and assemblies
Highly versatile Metrosil varistor discs are used in a wide variety of applications to protect critical electrical equipment and insulation from the effects of overvoltages.
Available in sizes ranging from 25mm to 150mm diameter, the discs can be supplied as single units or in multidisc assemblies arranged either in series or parallel, depending on the strength of the current. The smaller sized discs can also be supplied with wire terminations and encapsulated in pvc or epoxy.
Metrosil varistor discs benefits:
- Able to handle currents from microamps to kiloamps
- Absorb between 10 and 50,000 joules per disc
- Operate with voltages ranging from 20V to 600V
- Suitable for all AC and DC voltages
- Can be used in conjunction with almost any inductive device
With more than 70 years’ experience manufacturing surge protection devices, Metrosil can engineer intermediate characteristics and multiple disc assemblies to suit a customer’s individual requirements. To find out more about the standard specification, download our brochure or contact a member of our dedicated team for any queries on tailored requirements.