De-excitation 8000 Series
Metrosil 8000 Series - De-Excitation non-linear resistors for large electrical generators
The all-new 8000 Series (protected by Registered Design) has been developed around an improved ergonomic structure, providing not only protection for the varistor discs, but also simplifying the installation of the units. Another unique feature is the inclusion of a high energy test certificate with every 8000 Series unit, providing proof that the varistors perform as required (all Metrosil varistors are high energy tested). De-Excitation varistors protect electricity generating equipment (for example in hydropower and nuclear installations) from the damaging effects of powerful high energy surges.
Metrosil 8000 Series features include:
- Protective bar to prevent accidental disc damage
- Anti-tamper device to ensure unit integrity
- Ergonomic handles for easy carrying and installation
- Robust, easy-access connection points
- Range of standard footprints enables consistent installation
- Nameplate – permanently displays the unit’s specification details
- Each unit shipped with certification of high energy testing
- Clearly labelled with High Energy Test “Pass” badge
For more information click here.